Do you ever wish you could eat your oatmeal on the go? Well now you can, with these portable apple oatmeal bars!
Also, they are vegan, gluten free, and have no added sugar, though if you want dessert bars or sweeter bars, go ahead and add some sugar. 😉
Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Bars (makes 4 large or 8 small bars. Easily double or halve recipe)
- 1 Large or 2 small apples, puréed, about 3/4 cup
- 1 Cup oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal
- Optional: sweetener, vanilla, or nuts
- Preheat an oven to 350, and line a 6 cup (8x6x2) baking dish with foil, and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until firm, but not solid. Let cool, cut into bars, and enjoy!