A high protein breakfast is a great way to kick start your day. So is oatmeal, but if you’ve ever tried cooking protein powder into oatmeal, well, it doesn’t really work that well.
So, I tried to perfect the art “proatmeal”, and after many fails, I finally succeeded.
Have you ever added protein powder to your oatmeal? Well, you should. 😉
Berry Protein Oatmeal
- 1/3 Cup oats
- 1 Cup milk of choice (*Optional: An additional 2/3 cup)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use Warrior Blend Raw Protein, and 1 scoop is 21 g)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 Cup frozen mixed berries
- Sweetener to taste (depending on your milk and protein)
- Bring 1 cup of milk to boil on stove, and add oats. Cook until fluffy. (*Optional: Add the additional 2/3 cup of milk, and cook until fluffy again.)
- Meanwhile, mix the protein powder with 6 tablespoons of water until a thick paste forms.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl, top with frozen berries, then protein paste. Stir upon serving, with optional sweetener, and enjoy!