Rice pudding is one of my favorites snacks ever. Like many others, I love the taste of Kozy Shack rice pudding.
The other day, I was going to buy some, when I decided, why not make my own? I was going to make it healthier and tastier.
And I succeeded. This rice pudding is completely vegan. If you’re not vegan, don’t let that scare you off! I promise you won’t miss the egg or butter anything.
This is only a single serving recipe, but it’s a very big serving, and you won’t have a big batch tempting you. I presume that it would work in bigger batches, but I haven’t tried it yet.
I promise you, with this recipe, you’ll never want to buy rice pudding again.
Eggless Rice Pudding
- 1/4 cup white rice
- 2 cups milk of choice (I used silk unsweetened almond milk. If you use sweetened, you may need to adjust the sweetener.)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine 1 cup of the milk and rice in a sauce pan, and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid, and simmer.
- Once you can see the grains of rice through the milk, stir and add the other 1 cup of milk, and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar, stir, then cinnamon, and stir again. Summer and stir until the pudding reaches your desired thickness, usually when the pudding starts offering “resistance”.
- Let cool, and enjoy! Store in the fridge, the rice pudding is best served cold.