The flavors here work together like magic. Absolutely perfect.
Not to mention it’s very pretty. 😉 Also, this is the first non-sweet dish I’ve posted on here, so it’s long over due.
I love the fresh flavors in this chickpea salad, and the textures go well together. This is definitely my go to recipe for chickpea salad, and should become yours too. 🙂
- 1 Cup cooked chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans. I used home boiled, but canned should work if you have to.)
- 1 Roma (or other) tomato, chopped (I’m not giving specific amounts because the recipe is pretty forgiving)
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped fine
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped fine
- 1 “crackle” or “shake”, about 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Mix the beans, tomato, celery, and garlic in a bowl. Sprinkle lemon juice and sesame oil over top, and black pepper.
- Toss well, and serve. Enjoy! 🙂