If you are only going to try one recipe from here, make it this one. So far, this strawberry bread is probably the best thing I’ve created (as of June 2014 😉 ).
Moist and sweet, the fresh strawberries are what makes this. Plus, it’s very photogenic, by my standards at least. 😉
This strawberry bread is healthy, fat free, and vegan. But don’t tell anyone! They will not be able to taste how healthy it is, only how delicious. 😉
It’s the weekend, so you have no excuse not to make this. Make it for your dad for Father’s Day! This is the perfect recipe to use for your Sunday morning Father’s Day breakfast.
Or make it any other time of the day or year. It’s definitely worth it. 🙂
Strawberry Bread (makes 8 squares)
- 1 Cup white whole wheat flour (you could probably just sub white)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup milk of choice (I used Silk unsweetened Silk Almond Milk)
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 Cup chopped strawberries (measure as you chop)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray an 8×4 baking dish with cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. In another bowl, mix the flax with the water, and add the sugar, milk, and lemon.
- Pour the wet into the dry, and stir. Gently fold in strawberries.
- Pour dough into prepared dish, and bake for about 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, cut into 8 bars, and enjoy!!!