Do you ever have those mornings where you don’t want anything too heavy, and just want something light? I know some people feel that often, but for me it’s rarely. However, today was one of those days.
Cue, strawberry breakfast bowl.
A bowl of fresh strawberries, topped with some toasted goodies. Light and fresh are two words I would definitely use to describe this bowl. Yet, it is still filling enough to keep you fueled till lunch.
I used fresh strawberries because they were very ripe, so they needed to be used, but you should be fine swapping out the fruit for whatever you have too. Also, if you don’t have hemp seed, subbing chopped almond or peanut should be okay.
Strawberry Breakfast Bowl (makes one big bowl, you can easily multiply though)
- 2 Cups quartered strawberries (About 25 really small ones or 10 really big ones)
- 1-2 teaspoon coconut oil (depending on your pan)
- 2 Tablespoons hemp seed
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sweetener to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a pan. Throw in hemp seed and coconut, and carefully watch until browned. Be careful not to burn, it should be done within 2 minutes.
- Pour over quartered strawberries. Sprinkle cinnamon over top, and sweetener if you’re using. Enjoy!
Have you ever had hemp seed before? I love hemp seed. For me, it’s a staple in my pantry, along with my oats and almonds. And for those of you wondering, hemp seed has nothing to do with drugs. I promise.