Chocolate? Coffee? Oatmeal? Great ways to boost your morning, all rolled up in one!!! I normally don’t like coffee, especially black coffee (ugh, so bitter!), but this big bowl of mocha oatmeal is just out of this world!
This breakfast is also super filling, using a special cooking technique. 😉
Who needs coffee shops when you can have a bowl of this stuff?!
Mocha Oatmeal Pudding (Serves one)
- 1/3 Cup oats
- 1 Cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened Silk Almond Milk)
- 1 Cup coffee (I used cold leftover coffee from the day before, use what you have 🙂 )
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 Frozen banana*
- Sweetener to taste (my banana was so big and sweet I omitted sweetener)
- Optional: vanilla extract, or salt to taste.
- Bring milk to boil on stove, then add oats and optionally salt. Stir, and cook until fluffy.
- Add coffee, stir, and bring to a boil. Add cocoa powder, stirring again. Add vanilla if desired.
- Cook until fluffy, and pour into a bowl still hot. Put banana and sweetener on top, and melt into oatmeal by stirring. Enjoy!
*The frozen banana melts into the oatmeal, cooling the oatmeal and adding sweetness. Whenever I make oatmeal, I feel like it’s too hot to eat right away, so this solves my problem 😉 If you like super hot oatmeal, use a fresh banana. If you don’t like bananas, just use sweetener then. 🙂
This twice cooking method doubles the volume of the oatmeal, and makes it a more pudding like consistency. Whenever I first made this, after smelling it after adding the cocoa powder, it smelled bitter and I got worried. But after the banana went in, that problem went away and it became the best bowl of oatmeal ever! 🙂
Okay, I’m done rambling. Don’t worry, no more caffeine for me today. 😉