Chocolate and dried figs go perfect with each other. The sweetness and flavor of the figs bring out the best of the cocoa, and vice versa.
In my (not so good) picture, you can even see the little fig seeds! Which give it, believe it or not, a very satisfying crunch! 😉
This can be eaten with other stuff as a topping or a dip, but my favorite way to eat it is straight off a spoon!
Also, in case anyone is wondering, I get my dried figs in a big bag from Costco. Any would do though. 🙂
Chocolate Fig Mash (share if you want to…)
- 8-10 dried figs
- 2/3 cup pinto beans (or garbanzo or other)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- UP TO 1/4 cup milk of choice (add a tablespoon as needed)
- Optionally: pinch of salt
- Throw first four ingredients and optional salt in blender or food processed and BLEND! Add milk as needed if it’s too dry, or won’t blend.
- That’s it!!! Enjoy 🙂