I am posting another chocolate and banana recipe today! This time though, it’s not a frozen treat, but a nice, warm, and gooey way to start your morning.
I just love how the sweetness of the banana balanced out the bitterness of the cocoa.
Whats great about baked oatmeal, is that it takes about 5 minutes to assemble, then while you go get ready in the morning, your oatmeal will bake. By the time your done showering, dressing, or doing your make up or whatever else you do in the mornings, your breakfast is ready! Makes for a great morning. 😉
Chocolate Banana Baked Oatmeal (serves 1, but you can double, triple, or quadruple the recipe)
- 1/3 Cup oats
- 1 small banana (sliced then quartered)
- 1 1/3 Cup milk (I used unsweetened Sill Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- Optional: Sweetener to taste, salt, or vanilla extract
- The night before, line a small baking dish with foil (for easy clean up). Inside, mix the oats with the cocoa powder. Alternatively, you could just do this in the morning.
- In the morning, cut up the banana and add it to the oats along with the milk. Mix it together gently.
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees, and throw dish right in without worrying about preheating.
- Bake for at least 25 minutes. It will be done, but bake for up to 40 minutes for really thick oatmeal. I baked mine for 35 minutes, and broiled for 2.
- Remove from oven, scoop into bowl, and throw away foil. (See? Easy clean up. 😉 ). Enjoy!