If you’ve never had baked oatmeal before, you have GOT to try this.
Look at those globs of warm almond butter, melted over fresh chopped apples and oatmeal. I can tell you, there are not many smells better to have fill your home in the morning than this.
Apple Almond Butter Baked Oatmeal (serves 1)
- 1/2-2/3 cup chopped apple (about 2/3 of a large one or 3/4 of a small one)
- 1/4 cup oats (I use Coach’s Oats)
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened Silk Almond Milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-4 tablespoons Almond Butter (I used 2 in the picture)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a small baking dish or ramekin with foil (for easy clean up, you don’t need to though.)
- Mix oats and milk in a bowl, then chop your apple if you haven’t done so already. Mix the apple in with the oats and milk, then add cinnamon.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, and even out. Put/swirl chunks of almond butter onto the oats. You may have to microwave it if it’s too hard.
- Bake for 11-15 minutes, until there’s no more milk sloshing around. Scoop out of dish and into a bowl, then enjoy!