These delicious, chocolatey pancakes are the perfect start for your morning. They’re also very filling, and will definitely hold you over until lunch!
I actually discovered this recipe while making pancakes for my sister. She had put in a special request for chocolate pancakes, so when I found out we were out of flour, what was I supposed to do?!
Well, the bag of oats caught my eye. I grabbed my trustworthy Nutribullet, threw in some oats, and ground out some flour. That flour turned into the perfect pancakes!
My sister happily gave her seal of approval, and I was thrilled with the recipe. So why don’t you make these tomorrow for someone you care about?
Chocolate Pancakes (makes 2 servings)
- 1 Cup oats ground into flour (about 1-2 tablespoons under a cup of oat flour)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 Cup sugar (or other sweetener. Use less milk if using a liquid sweetener. Use less sugar if you’re going to top these with something sweet.)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 Cup milk (I used unsweetened Silk Almond Milk)
- Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Heat up an oiled skillet.
- Ladle batter onto hot skillet, and cook like normal pancakes.
Do you usually make breakfast for other people? Or do they make it for you?
For a vegan peanut butter version, check out my Peanut Butter Chocolate Pancakes. 🙂