What is this? Just an unassuming jar of almond butter?
Wrong! Under that lid is apple, oatmeal, cinnamon-y goodness. And don’t forget about the almond butter!
Yum, look at all that creamy goodness.
And at $9 a jar, of course you wouldn’t want to waste a speck.
Overnight Oats in a Nut Butter Jar
1 almost empty jar of any nut butter (It can’t be cold! Room temperature is OK though.)
1/4 Cup oats (I used Coach’s Oats)
1 very small apple, chopped (about a half cup)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/4 cup milk of choice (I use Silk Almond Milk)
2 teaspoons honey (or sweetener to taste)
- Heat milk on stove, and add sweetener, if using.
- Bring to a boil and add chopped apple. Let cook for 2 minutes, then add oats and cinnamon.
- Cook oats for about 4 minutes, stirring, but don’t cook all the liquid off. (If you don’t want to wait overnight and want to eat hot oats, then cook it off.)
- Let stand and cool for a few minutes. Then, scoop oatmeal into jar, and let cool for a little, before you put it in the fridge. Don’t cover completely, either don’t use lid or poke big holes into the lid.
- Leave overnight. Then, in the morning, enjoy!
The trick I used here, about adding more liquid and not cooking it all out to let it sit overnight, is Chocolate Covered Katie’s Voluminous Oatmeal Trick. If you haven’t already, go check out her blog because she has some amazing recipes!