Well, maybe some almond butter to spread on top…
Too bad I just finished a jar.
Banana Almond Oatmeal Bars
2 large very ripe bananas
1 cup oats (I used Coach’s Oats)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2-4 tablespoons of any milk, depending on desired consistency
2 ounces of almonds (48, or about 2/5 of a cup) (can omit)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with foil. Spray with a non-stick cooking spray if you so desire and set aside.
- Mash banana in large bowl. Add oats, cinnamon, and milk, then chop the almonds and add those too. Mix.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, and bake for 23-25 minutes, until top is no longer shiny and almost firm. Turn to broil for 2 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Let cool, and cut into 8 bars. Enjoy!